Home > News, Starry Sky > Starry Sky – 21-22

Starry Sky – 21-22

September 7th, 2011 Leave a comment Go to comments

Scorpio arc. I forgot to apply a couple of styles to the kara in 19-20, but it’s fixed now.

Since I have nothing else to blog about, I guess I’ll announce some of the other projects I have planned:

1. Psychic Detective Yakumo (HD) – Original airing was on the SD-only channel NHK-BS2, and the DVDs are SD.  However, the later re-airings on NHK-BShi and NHK-BS Premium were HD, so I plan on combining the HD raws with AonE’s script and FFFpeeps’ Karaoke/Typesetting.  Will offer both 720p and 480p.
    Comparison
  2. Guin Saga (HD) (Dual Audio) – Like Yakumo, it was originally aired on BS2 and only had a DVD release.  A later re-airing on NHK-G was HD, and it was also dubbed in the USA.  This show is taking up a ton of space on my HDD because it’s going to be a mixture of a bunch of sources.  The video will be from the HDTV NHK-G airing (720p and 480p), the Japanese audio will be FLAC from the R2 DVDs (AAC for 480p), the English audio will be AC3 from the R1 DVDs (AAC for 480p), and English subtitles from fansubs by AniYoshi and frong (secondary track will just have kara+signs for use with English Dub).
    Comparison
  3. Ryoko’s Case File (DVD) – Now for something completely different!  I plan on using AonE-AnY’s script and some DVDrips that I found, and I’ll track someone down to translate the unsubbed DVD OVA.  There isn’t a whole lot of video quality improvement to be had, but they did correct some animation errors in the DVDs.
    Comparison  #1: different gun  #2: removed pink to the right of the person’s foot.

I haven’t really decided which one to work on first, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Technical Information:
Video: 1024×576 / 848×480 H264 CRF 16 23.976fps
Audio: AAC 2.0 Stereo
Subs: StrawberryMintSubs

Download:
21 576p: Torrent
21 480p: Torrent

22 576p: TorrentDirect Download
22 480p: TorrentDirect Download

Categories: News, Starry Sky
  1. yulindarie
    September 7th, 2011 at 21:49 | #1

Screw new projects. Suzy’s Zoo and more Touch!

2. justinefremlouw
    September 9th, 2011 at 00:38 | #2

I’m not getting any subs with ep21+22 480p using mpc with ffdshow+haali…
    Didn’t happen with the last 20 eps

• September 9th, 2011 at 00:44 | #3

I might have forgotten to force-enable the subs when I muxed. Try pressing “S” on your keyboard.

3. justinefremlouw
    September 9th, 2011 at 02:12 | #4

nope…didn’t work

• September 9th, 2011 at 02:17 | #5

There might be something wrong with your codec pack then, because the subs are there. Right-click on Haali Splitter in your system tray and see if there is a way to turn on the subs there. Picture
      If that still doesn’t work, I’ll email you another version to try out tomorrow.

4. justinefremlouw
    September 9th, 2011 at 02:23 | #6

subs are already on according to haali…using k-lite..
    btw, this doesn’t happen with your past starry sky releases. Also, I have some other mkv files that shows subtitles perfectly fine.

• September 9th, 2011 at 02:25 | #7

Hmm weird. I’ll probably v2 these files in the final batch, but for now I’ll just email you a fixed version to try out.

5. justinefremlouw
    September 9th, 2011 at 02:28 | #8

please if you could, I even tried remuxing the subs with mkvtoolnix and forced the subs on, but it still doesn’t play

6. anim3spy
    September 16th, 2011 at 18:00 | #9

Is there any difference between the TV and the DVD version of Guin Saga and Yakumo. Like some extra sceeens or animation correction?
    btw i like all three series and i think you should start with ryoko, because the are no dvd rips out there for this serie.

• September 16th, 2011 at 23:00 | #10

I don’t believe so, but if there were any changes, the HDTV re-airing would probably include them. Guin Saga DVD Volumes 1-3 were released before Episode 1 re-aired in HD, and Yakumo DVD Volumes 1-5 were released before Episode 1 re-aired in HD on BS-Premium (raws from other stations have bad artifacting).

7. runsing
    September 20th, 2011 at 04:44 | #11

Ryoko +1. doing dvd ova first would be great!

1. No trackbacks yet.