Home > Suzy's Zoo > Suzy’s Zoo – 14-15 (DVD)

Suzy’s Zoo – 14-15 (DVD)

February 27th, 2012 Leave a comment Go to comments

Bouncy, bouncy!

Haven’t heard back from the TL Recruit yet, so Mangatan 02 is going to be delayed a bit longer. I have a lot of school work and exams these next couple of weeks, and we’ll be working on Basket Army 02 this weekend, so Mangatan 02 and 03 will probably be released together next weekend.  Or not… It seems that my professors just LOVE announcing projects a week before they’re due…

I came across some decent raws for the last three episodes of Tales of Gekijou, so we’ll probably work on that after Mangatan is complete (unless AbyssalC translates and streams the episodes on Youtube before then).

I’m working on uploading almost all of our releases to Toucan Sharing, a small DDL host that does not payout for downloads. All links will be posted in the “Direct Download” page in the navigation bar.

Feel free to comment/complain/critique in the comments, and be sure to check the “Notices” section!

Technical Information:

February 27th, 2012 at 14:24 | #1

Yey!! Thank you >oo< thanks for sharing

2. February 27th, 2012 at 14:28 | #2

Thanks a lot!

3. Sandra
    March 1st, 2012 at 10:11 | #3

I just want you to know that I love you. I mean, you’re subbing all of those unsubbed shorts for kids that nobody else cares about but I always wanted to watch! Thank you!

4. Yae
    March 1st, 2012 at 19:58 | #4

I too, appreciate your subbing of this sweet little series. I really enjoy it despite being an older anime fan. It is a pretty one to look at with so much color and sweet little characters…a nice break from the more serious stuff. Thanks again!

• March 1st, 2012 at 20:16 | #5

Yeah, the animation style that they used for this series is pretty unique. The character animation kinda reminds me of watercolored paintings (the designs and colors on the characters seem to “blotch”).
      On a somewhat related subject, the series Karl to Fushigi na Tou (Karl+Tower) also has some pretty unique animation. Everything in the show has this paper texture-like style to it (which tends to eat up a lot of bitrate. My 720p encodes for each 5-minute episode are around 150MB in size!)

It’s kinda interesting how these ignored children’s shows sometimes boast some of the most unique animation styles.

5. Yae
    March 1st, 2012 at 21:42 | #6

A sad reality but more for me! Watercolored type animation has always appealed to me and it is pleasing to the eye. Now, you mentioned something interesting. Karl+Tower…is that a series one can view somewhere, subbed?

• March 1st, 2012 at 22:02 | #7

Karl+Tower is one of my future projects (check the “Projects” page in the navigation bar). I have obtained HDTV raws for all 26 episodes, and have encoded the first 5 episodes to test out my encoding settings.
      I probably won’t get around to translating it till after Suzy’s Zoo and some of the other shorts are complete. There’s only so much a two-man group can do 😛

6. Yae
    March 3rd, 2012 at 00:50 | #8

Then I have something else to look forward to and take your time…I agree there is only so much a two-man team can do. I am fluent in Spanish…too bad not in Japanese. ^^
    All the best then.

7. FFnF
    November 17th, 2012 at 10:29 | #9

Can I ask if there any progress in that project? Maybe a RAW release for the remaining episodes?

• November 24th, 2012 at 19:01 | #10

Progress is listed in the sidebar ———->

1. No trackbacks yet.