Home > News > Summer 2013 Plans

Summer 2013 Plans

I know we haven’t been too active as of late, mostly due to a whole lot of personal things I had to take care of. Since Summer 2013 is right around the corner, I thought I’d give everyone a bit of heads-up as to potential new projects, and some much-needed updates on some older things.

Summer 2013 Shorts:
Yuuto-kun ga Iku: Already started airing, but airs on a channel that none of my cappers get (Disney XD is on Sky PerfecTV Premium). Ep1 was posted on Youtube, but I haven’t seen anything since… probably a no-go. The official Youtube channel finally posted Ep2, so it’s back to being a possibility.
Recorder to Ransell Mi: Season 3. We didn’t do Seasons 1 or 2, so we won’t be doing this.
Senyuu S2: Season 2. We didn’t do Season 1, so we won’t be doing this.
Teekyuu S2: Season 2. We didn’t do Season 1, so we won’t be doing this.
Ribbon-chan S2: Season 2. We didn’t do Season 1 (EveTaku just picked it up), so we won’t be doing this.
Kakusen-kun: Another two-minute short, but the premise seems a bit… gross?, and since it’s DLE it might be crazy dialog overload. I’ll do it if CR simulcasts it.
Futari wa Milky Holmes: Season 3. We didn’t do Seasons 1 or 2, so we won’t be doing this.
Yami Shibai: Premise interests me. CR’s simulcasting it, so we’ll do it.
The Midnight Animals: Show synopsis didn’t really interest me, and it’s going to air on some sort of Japanese IPTV service that nobody I know has access to, so we won’t be doing it.

So, as you can see, there really isn’t much for us to do over the summer, which gives us a whole season to play catchup with some of our stalled projects and work on some older shows.

New Shorts From Previous Seasons:
Tenpou Suikoden Neo: All 5 episodes have been encoded and translated. It’ll be done sometime in July.
Dibetagurashi: We didn’t have enough manpower to do it in the spring, so since nobody else has subbed it yet, we’ll do it over the summer!
Koitabi: I’ve obtained clean raws for all 6 episodes. We’ll be working on it later down the line.
Heisei Policemen: Still debating about it, since the translators already have stuff on their plate. We’ll see.
Peeping Life – World History: Yep, still happening. Another group approached me to joint on it, so we’ll be going ahead with it. More updates later. I can’t stand the show, so Sigh will be subbing it themselves. Check them out here.
Yurumates 3D: We’ll be working on the BDs for both seasons sometime this summer.

Backlog/Stalled Shows:
Cyclops Shoujo Saipu: Done! Batch with a couple of v2s will be out next week.
Boku no Imouto wa Osaka Okan: Finally obtained an HD raw for the BD Special (which should be out soon). Oddly and unfortunately, Episode 1.5 was not included on the BD, so we’ll have to live with the crappy 360p Nico stream. The BDrip raw had a ton of haloing and aliasing, and while I don’t have the actual BDMV, sources indicate that the BD is 1080i, so I might not do BD releases for the other episodes.
Ketsuekigata-kun: All episodes have been encoded, but the translator is being lazy. Don’t have an ETA.
Ai Mai Mi: Finally got around to translating and editing the ED, but I still haven’t gone back to re-encode all of the episodes. ETA? Not really sure. It’s not at the top of my priority list right now.
Sparrow’s Hotel: Like Ai Mai Mi, I want to go back and re-encode all of the episodes from a better TV station airing. The DVD will be out on September 4th, and will include re-animated versions of Episodes 1-6 and a bonus unaired episode. The collector’s edition will also include the original TV airing of 1-6 and some other seiyuu bonuses. Hopefully some DVDISOs pop up online.
Neon the Animation: A raw for Episode 4 has finally been posted on Youtube. Sent to the translator.
Basket Army: Episode 5 is mostly a recap, and it appears to be the final episode. Guess we should just get it done and over with soon.
Momon-chan: A Season 2 was announced a while back, but I haven’t heard anything since, so I have no clue when it’ll stream.
Plastic Nee-san: All I can say is it’ll be done when it’s done.
Koi-ken: Probably just going to cancel this.

Categories: News
  1. Kabuto
    June 27th, 2013 at 18:37 | #1

Oh Oinari-sama, I will continue to be patient and wait for you ๐Ÿ™‚
    I’m glad you’re getting back to the rest of the backlog, though! I was surprised last season with how many shows caught your interest and went on the “to do” list, so it’s good to hear that most of those projects will get finished up!

2. RTM
    June 27th, 2013 at 21:35 | #2

@Kabuto
    Totally forgot about that. I really should get working on it… eventually…

3. mangamuscle
    June 27th, 2013 at 23:33 | #3

Looking forward for Yurumates 3D and also looking forward for disc releases. ๐Ÿ™‚

4. June 28th, 2013 at 14:30 | #4

Many thanks for your committment to these short series, neglected by others…

5. RTM
    June 28th, 2013 at 14:47 | #5

@CP
    Just wish there were more translators interested ๐Ÿ™

6. Squee
    June 29th, 2013 at 09:04 | #6

You have become my favorite sub group for the main reason that you care enough about your fans to let them know EXACTLY where you stand on projects. This update is a direct contrast with the arrogant, self-serving attitude of an unmentionable bunch of subbers. I just wish YOU GUYS were doing Line-Offline-Salaryman! Since Linetown isn’t being subbed past episode 1, would you consider doing it?

7. June 29th, 2013 at 15:05 | #7

@Squee
    Well, RTM is indeed a model citizen, but do realise that the amount of imbecile flak the high-profile groups take can drive any normal person crazy ๐Ÿ™‚

As for Salaryman, apart from the abyssmal font colour (baka-FD :P), I think the Ruri-Saizen joint is doing a great job. Considering the work load in Saizen, I’m not sure if Linetown will be picked up by that joint or not, though…

8. RTM
    June 29th, 2013 at 15:31 | #8

I was gonna do Line Offline back when it first started airing, but the translator disappeared on me after Ep1. Ruri-Saizen’s release is good (apart from the font styling, like CP said, but your player can overwrite the default font style), so I see no point in competing now. They’re about 2 months behind on releases, but keep in mind that 3 new episodes air every week, so that’s a pretty big workload. Unless they formally drop the show, or both groups suddenly die, I won’t be considering it. I’d rather allocate my available resources to unsubbed/poorly subbed shows.

As for Line Town, I have been collecting transport streams for the show, on the off-chance that I come across an interested translator. However, considering that it’s a full-length show (24min per episode), I’d have to put together a full team to help me out. (if I had to do everything myself, I’d go insane!)
    Well, I’m not going to flat-out reject it, but it’s highly improbable that we’ll do it. Sorry ๐Ÿ™

I’m surprised people actually took the time to read my big ol’ wall-of-text blog post! XD

9. July 4th, 2013 at 13:22 | #9

Maybe you could do Donyatsu. It’s a new, a bit weird but cute, short of 1:30+ED based on the manga by Yuusuke Kozaki. I’ve linked Ep. 1(it’s streamed on Youtube) as my Website.

cheers

10. RTM
    July 4th, 2013 at 13:38 | #10
  11. Daniell
    July 5th, 2013 at 11:04 | #11

hello, I have a proposition for you regarding one of their animes, please I would like to get in touch with me via e-mail that I placed.

I tend not email: Migoto “[at]”

so I’d like to get in touch as soon as possible to the issue of translation.

12. RTM
    July 5th, 2013 at 11:43 | #12

@Daniell
    Email reply sent.

13. Fronzel
    July 6th, 2013 at 09:08 | #13

Since you’re putting so much effort into Yurumates I might mention the original 2009 OVA could really do with revised subtitles.

14. RTM
    July 6th, 2013 at 16:57 | #14

@Fronzel
    I recall Frostii’s subs for 2009 OVA being quite watchable. Are they really that much in need of a revision?

15. blaze30k
    July 6th, 2013 at 19:57 | #15

Yes! Ever since Polar Bear Cafe ended, I wanted someone to do Dibetagurashi. I remember you guys were talking about plans for it in Spring but nothing came up, so it’s awesome that you guys are picking it up. Anime featuring animals are always fun.

16. RTM
    July 6th, 2013 at 20:13 | #16

@blaze30k
    One of my translators took last season off in order to study and take yet another JLPT, so once he’s back, he’ll start working on Koitabi (6 episodes) and then Dibetagurashi.

17. Fronzel
    July 6th, 2013 at 22:02 | #17

@RTM
    There were a couple of places where the a line was displayed twice or missed or a translation choice was obviously dodgy.

Watchable, yes, but so are Horriblesubs releases of Yurumates 3D and you’re doing it again, though granted you’re doing a better source.

18. RTM
    July 6th, 2013 at 22:58 | #18

@Fronzel
    Yeah, I’m doing Yuru3D because Horriblesubs/Crunchyroll’s video source was horrible (480p upscales), was missing OP translations (as usual), and I wanted to improve the typesetting.

19. Yuki
    July 9th, 2013 at 15:16 | #19

Hello, could you please translate this really nice movie?
    Itยดs only 10 min. long, but itยดs full of emotions and the artwork is beautiful.
    There is some english translation on YouTube, but itยดs not that great… maybe you could use their subs and edit them. Thanks for any answer!

20. RTM
    July 10th, 2013 at 21:24 | #20

@Yuki
    Very nice movie. Unfortunately, we have a bit too much on our plate right now, so we won’t be picking it up.

21. ranmachua
    July 16th, 2013 at 20:30 | #21

Has batch for Cyclops Shoujo Saipu been released yet?

22. RTM
    July 16th, 2013 at 20:56 | #22

@ranmachua
    Nah, I’ve been busy, so I haven’t had a chance to mux the v2s yet. They’ll be out in a day or so.